Customer Service Accessibility Policy
Holt, Renfrew & Co., Limited (“Holt Renfrew”) is committed to excellence in servicing all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities (elevators, automatic door buttons, wheelchair accessible restrooms, etc.), Holt Renfrew will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. The notice will be placed at the entrance to the area that is temporarily inaccessible for customers with disabilities.
Training for Staff
Holt Renfrew will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf. This training will also be provided to new staff as part of their on-boarding curriculum. Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Holt Renfrew’ plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the assistive equipment and devices available on-site or otherwise that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Holt Renfrew’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to the plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Holt Renfrew provides goods and services to people with disabilities can:
- Email us through the Contact Us section on our website
- Verbally to any Manager
- Contact local store via phone
All feedback will be directed to Store’s General Manager. Customers can expect to hear back in 3-5 days. Complaints will be addressed according to Holt Renfrew’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of Holt Renfrew that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed. In the event of a conflict between this policy and any other Holt Renfrew policy, this policy shall prevail.
This policy will be reviewed at least annually and/or as required based on changes in the workplace. Any policy changes and/or updates will be made by Human Resources.
Date of Issue
December 9, 2011
October 21, 2015